Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Warm Fuzzies/ City Centre/ Trivia Night

Today was another fun filled day! I woke up feeling a lot better than I did yesterday and definitely less jet-lagged. We started off the day with a wonderful English breakfast. I had eggs, bacon (which they refer to as fatty strips), tomatoes and half a croissant. It was very good! We then went into an introductory seminar with Dr. Popplewell. He basically told us all about how to take the trains, busses and how to get a taxi. We then a fun little thing about warm and fuzzies. Basically, warm fuzzies mean being nice to others and making sure you are being nice and not being hurtful. We then had lunch and headed off to City Center! City Center is the shopping district in Liverpool and it was wonderful! They basically had everything and anything you could ever want. My purchases today were two Roald Dahl books (he was British!), and some necessities( shampoo, conditioner, etc) that I need here at Liverpool Hope. After we explored City Centre for about 3.5 hours we went back to campus for dinner and had a wonderful meal of stew and rice. I then went to the town of Woolton with some friends and we stopped by a local pub called the Elephant for Trivia Night. We did horrible, but we still had a great time! Tomorrow we learn all about the British School system and have some down time in the afternoon! Cheers until tomorrow!

P.S. I promise my blog posts will get longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment